Green Sprouts has received the Oregon Environmental Council Endorsement as an Eco-Healthy Childcare!
A safe and healthy environment is essential to quality childcare. A safe indoor and outdoor physical environment prevents injuries while allowing for active exploration. An environment that reduces exposure to toxins and chemicals promotes the overall health and well-being of children.
Here are a few things you will see at Green Sprouts.
- You’ll notice the natural wooden furnishings and toys.
- You’ll notice that we are conscientious with regards to the environment – both our indoor and outdoor environment.
- You will see a garden and natural play area.
- We recycle, and the children naturally participate in recycling as well, thereby helping instill an attitude of respect and caring for the planet at an early age.
- We also encourage and promote healthy food and snack choices. The children find it fun to eat beans and produce from our own garden. We serve organic milk. When possible, we source our ingredients from local growers.
- When working with arts and crafts, we supply only non-toxic materials.
- When outdoors, the children enjoy our “green space” that includes our garden.
- There is no smoking anywhere on our campus. Nor are there any aerosols or artificial fragrances used anywhere on the property.
You can feel good about the environment your child is enjoying here at Green Sprouts.
The first Nature Explore Classroom is located in the Tree Adventure attraction at Arbor Day Farm, the Arbor Day Foundation’s interactive conservation venue in Nebraska City, Nebraska. More information on the program can be found at natureexplore.org, on Facebook or on the Nature Explore community blog.
About Arbor Day Foundation: Arbor Day Foundation is a million member nonprofit conservation and education organization with the mission to inspire people to plant, nurture and celebrate trees. More information on the Foundation is available at arborday.org.
About Dimensions Educational Research Foundation: The mission of the non-profit Dimensions Educational Research Foundation is to inspire children, families and educators to connect more deeply with the world around them by providing innovative, research-based programs and resources.